Cram Your Cranium: Info About NEC's Advanced Technologies
August 16, 2019
What Percentage of Global Energy Capacity is now based on Renewable Energy?
Iceland is the world leader in renewable energy on a per capita basis. 87% of the country’s energy comes from hydropower while the remaining 13% comes from geothermal sources.
In the USA the total capacity of renewable energy now exceeds that of coal for the first time, as renewable energy represents 21.56% of the total compared to 21.55% for coal.
Hydropower is the most popular form of clean energy in the world, accounting for 50% of the world’s renewable total.
NEC has a strong portfolio of smart energy solutions with many deployments around the world. The company recently announced a new project for 24MW of new energy storage solutions in China.
What does 5G stand for?
A. 5 Gigabits per second Mobile Broadband
B. 5 times faster than 4G Mobile Broadband
C. The 5th Generation of Mobile Broadband Technology
Every day 2.5 quintillion bytes of new data are produced by Internet users and 90% of all data has been created in the last two years. 3.7 billion humans now use the Internet and perform 5 billion Internet searches every day. Over 1 trillion digital photos are taken and stored worldwide every year.
NEC has recently demonstrated its 5G capabilities in Japan by achieving 1 Gbps mobile broadband connectivity in a high-speed moving environment. NEC is also now closely working with Samsung Electronics to co-develop 5G product and services, and the two companies will soon pursue opportunities in the European and Asia Pacific regions.
What is the busiest airport in the world in terms of passenger traffic?
A. Beijing Capital International Airport (China)
B. Dubai International Airport (United Arab Emirates)
C. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (United States)
The longest current commercial flight in the world is Singapore Airline’s Singapore to Newark, New Jersey route which travels 9,534 miles and last 18 hours and 30 minutes.
The fastest commercial flight in the world took place on February 7, 1996 in a British Airways Concorde. The London to New York flight took 2 hours and 52 minutes and travelled 3,750 miles at an average speed of 1,250 miles per hour.
Virgin Galactic is now booking flights into space at a cost of US$250,000 per trip.
NEC—a global leader in smart airport technology—provided New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport with facial comparison technology in 2016 and recently announced plans to provide Tokyo’s Narita International Airport with facial recognition technology for passenger check-in, security clearance and boarding.
Which City has the Worst Traffic Congestion in the World?
A. Moscow, Russia
B. Istanbul, Turkey
C. Bogota, Colombia
Answer: A, Moscow commuters spend an average of 210 hours per year in traffic
Drivers in Los Angeles, California lose an average of 100 hours every year due to traffic jams which costs them on average US$2,800.
The Sao Paulo metropolitan area has over 20 million inhabitants but only 45 miles of commuter rail.
Due to traffic congestion, the average speed of a vehicle in Jakarta, Indonesia is only 11 mph.
NEC is an ICT and Network leading company in smart traffic management systems with numerous deployments around the world. The company recently deployed its technology to improve fleet management, on board entertainment and scheduling for the Hong Kong bus network.
The first Virtual Reality Headset Prototype was Invented in Which Year?
NASA is currently using VR technology in order to prepare astronauts to be able to walk on Mars. The surface gravity on Mars is only 38% of that on Earth, and VR is able to simulate this environment for future space travelers.
VR has seen rapid uptake in the medical field and is currently being used by the University of Washington in order to treat arachnophobia, the fear of spiders.
In the United States the Food and Drug Administration formally approved the use of Augmented Reality for use in surgeries in 2019.
NEC offers a variety of AR/VR/MR solutions for enterprise use. The company recently implemented its VR solution with Japan`s All Nippon Airways in order to facilitate more efficient training of flight attendants.
How Many Gallons of Water Are Required to Produce One Pound of Beef?
Globally livestock produce 7.1 Gigatons of CO2 emissions every year representing 15% of all greenhouse gas production.
37% of all land in the world is used for agricultural production.
Plant-based hamburgers using an iron-rich molecule called heme, which replicates the taste of blood are now at over 9,000 restaurants in the United States.
NEC has a full suite of ICT solutions which agricultural producers can use to optimize their operations. The company has been working with Japan’s largest tomato supplier Kagome to offer precision agriculture services for its growing facilities in Portugal.